LC Staffing Glacier is partnering with a privately-owned company to hire a long-term Chief Mechanic.
The Chief Mechanic will work with the garage manager and mechanics to perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance on the fleet of company vehicles including buses. This person will supervise other mechanics in the day to day operations of the garage.
- Perform routine maintenance on assigned company fleet equipment with emphasis on safety and cost control.
- Oversee the mechanics to ensure jobs are completed on time and safely.
- Diagnose vehicle problems and perform corrective maintenance.
- Contribute insight and suggestions into vehicle maintenance program.
- Complete accurate work orders showing labor and materials used to perform each job and input work order into the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Remain current with industry standards.
- Interacts with all departments to provide necessary vehicle support.
- Personal safety and shop safety.
- Assist in other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of DOT Regulations concerning the maintenance of a commercial fleet.
- Keep abreast of vehicle repair techniques.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and leadership skills.
- ASE Certification preferred.
- Must have, or can obtain, a valid commercial driver’s license.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to sit, stand, stretch, bend for up to a 10-hour day
- Must be able to work in sub-zero weather for a short period of time.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces (i.e. under vehicles) or in strenuous positions.
For a full job description or to apply online, please visit our website at www.lcstaffing.com and refer to order #33511
For more information, call or text Cassie in our LC Staffing Glacier office at 406-752-0191.
Locally owned and operated, LC Staffing has been matching top talent with Montana employers since 1985. Headquartered in Kalispell and with branches in Bozeman and Missoula, they pride themselves in partnering an individual’s skills and interests with a company’s specific team dynamic and changing needs. LC Staffing maintains the utmost confidentiality to protect employees who are currently working and wish to make a change. One free application with LC Staffing can get you access to over 80 career possibilities. For more information, please visit us at www.lcstaffing.com.